The Attention Demander
Effects: How behavior affects teachers, classmates, and parents in the school learning environment and the home family situation.
- Teacher is forced to give additional time to this student.
- Concentration of teacher and class is often broken.
- Teacher is antagonized.
- Teacher often loses track of what he/she is trying to say in class presentations.
- Peers may react by excluding the attention demander from student groups.
- Classmates may begin putting the attention demander down or avoiding him/her at every opportunity.